Within the framework of the strategic goal of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (the precursor to the Deputy Ministry of Tourism) to become the Information and Knowledge Bank of the tourism sector, the CTO Library, which is a specialized information bank on travel and tourism, was established in 1997.
The Deputy Ministry of Tourism Library aims, among others, at the following:
1. Further promoting and enhancing the professionalism of the Deputy Ministry of Tourism employees, industry personnel and all tourism partners,
2. Providing information to internal and external users in a faster and more efficient way,
3. Facilitating research, and
4. Development tourism conscience.
The Library collects information and research material relating to travel and tourism directly or indirectly such as books, research / studies, Publications, plans, statistics, catalogs, manuals, guides, maps, legislation, government publications, CD ROM / video / slides and other audiovisual aids.
The collection is organized both in electronic and hard form and includes more than 15.000 titles at the headquarters and 1.500 titles at the offices in the various regions of Cyprus and abroad. The material is organized by topic and kind (see the Catalog). Listings include, among others, publications of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation, other National Tourism Organisations, the World Tourism Organization, the Cypriot Government and the European Commission on travel and tourism related issues.
1. Service at the Library, study room, photocopies
2. Long-distance service via email, fax, post
3. Internal borrowing
4. Information search in Internet and other electronic databases.
Deputy Ministry of Tourism Library:
Tel.: +357 22 691 241
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 14:30